Sunday, January 03, 2016

30X30 - Day 21 (homemade tortilla chips)

[Top: Maurices // Vest: JCrew // Jeans: Silver // Scarf: Forever 21 // Shoes: Charlotte Russe // Socks: Walmart]

Whenever I am running low on groceries in our house and I need to scrounge up one more meal before I make a trip to the grocery store, I usually end up making taco salads...or I end up cooking ground turkey and putting out whatever toppings we have left to throw onto of some spinach. Whether they are officially taco salads or not, I always make my homemade tortillas chips to go with this meal. They are even better than the restaurant if I do say so myself!

What You Need:
6" corn tortillas (I usually use an entire package)
chili powder
EVOO

Preheat oven to 350
Cut tortillas into triangles by cutting in half then into thirds.
Arrange a single layer of tortillas into a baking sheet
Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with chili powder.
Allow to bake for 5-7 minutes or until corner have curled up and golden and crispy.
Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!

Easy right?! I want to make them with lime salt next time!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious!! I have some corn tortillas sitting in the fridge. I know what I'm making tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete