Friday, December 11, 2015

30X30 - Day 2 (Brussels Spouts are my candy)

[Top: Maurices // Vest: Max & Jeans // Cords: Burgundy // Necklace: Francescas // Boots: Maurices]

There is a resturant right down the road from our place called LTH (Local Tap House) that is our favorite place to eat. Come to think of it, I think it's everyone's favorite. Anyways, they have Brussels Spouts as an appetizer and they seriously melt in your mouth. So after spending most of the afternoon baking in my kitchen, I decided to keep on with the cooking inspiration and attempted to recreate LTH's decedent treat.


What you need:
Brussels Spouts
Ranch Dressing
Balsamic Glaze (I get mine from Trader Joes)
Bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
Candied Pecans, cut into pieces
Blue Cheese Crumbles

What to do:
Cut off ends of Brussels Sprouts and cut in half. 
Arrange on baking sheet
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
375 for 35-45 minutes until brown and crispy
On a separate serving tray drizzled the bottom with ranch dressing.
Transfer baked Brussels onto serving tray over top of the ranch. 
Sprinkle chopped candied pecans, chopped bacon, and blue cheese crumbles over Brussels.
Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and serve!

Obviously this is more of an appitizer (or dessert) rather than a side, but
 oh.my.gosh.
They are amazing!

Try them this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh man. those look divine! I must try asap! Also, a few things -- 1. your hair in these photos is on point!!! you rock lady 2. I love that you are doing the 30 in 30 and showing your outfits! major props to you, I don't think {my ocd} I could do it! haha and 3. YAYYYYY for moving back to the best coast!! ;) I know you are so so happy! I am ecstatic for you :) & SC isn't too far from VA either! xo happy weekend

    ReplyDelete