A few years ago I watched a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel that took place and Big Bear and this past weekend I was finally able to visit the cute little town. The weather was perfect this weekend, we even made a fire in our cottage! If you haven't been, please put this place on your list and if you go here are some things I suggest (other than skiing and snowboarding) to do:
1. Big Bear Lake Brewing - Their brews are fantastic, but if we're being honest, you HAVE to go for the Avocado Bomb!
2. Boulder Bay Park - This park is breathtaking and a good place to take dogs if you have them with you.
3. Miss Liberty Paddlewheel - Because this beautiful town is surrounded by this massive lake, you can't help but want to be apart of it. This is a 90 minute cruise around the lake where they talk all about the history of Big Bear. Bonus, you can order cocktails.
4 & 5. Hiking the Interpretative Loop on the Woodland Trail & Watching the Sunset - A waitress we had recommended this one to us. The loop is an easy 1.5 miles, so easy you don't need to have workout clothing on. Afterwards, plop your behind in a good spot by the lake and watch the sunset.
8. Snow Summit Scenic Lift - It's about a 15 minute ride up, another 15 minute ride down and the best view of the town!
9. Oktoberfest - I actually did not want to go to this because I have a small anxiety for crowds, but this was so much fun! I don't even know how to explain it except to say the weirdness in me likes Oktoberfest like I like a Renaissance Festival.
10. Mountain Biking Spectating - Our friend happened to be racing the same weekend we were up there and it was such a blast to see him and be around that environment. Warning! If you are anything like me, it's a little extreme and you will literally clutch your hands any time you see someone come around a turn.
Have you been to Big Bear before? What was your favorite part?