Friday, October 09, 2015

party like it's 1922!

We hosted a wetting-down celebration at our house the weekend of B's promotion. We planned it last minute after my husband was debating on a house party or a fishing charter to celebrate his promotion. We ultimately decided on a party because more of our friends could attend. Just then, The Great Gatsby came on TV and it sealed the deal for my husband. He asked for a Gatsby Themed Party (you could only attend if you had to read the book in high school!, ha!). Thankfully our friends kept their Friday night open for us, so mostly everyone was able to attend. Not to mention, they all had such a great attitude about having to find 20's wear with 3 day notice!
Dollar Tree votive candle holders - love them!
Spray Painted Wine Bottles (Black) draped with pearls, Pom Pom Garland
Shimmering Chandelier
Gold Fringe Curtain
Water Station - I fully believe in hydrating and people having access to water at their leisure during a party so I made sure this was full at all times.
Champagne Glasses
Such a huge hit, I ended up making 3 batches by the end of the night.

1920's Themed Food:
Deviled Eggs
Shrimp Cocktail
Pastry Pups (Trader Joes)
Stuffed Mushrooms (Trader Joes)
Chocolate Fondue
Red Velvet Cupcakes

6 comments:

  1. That looks like it was SO much fun! I love Gatsby themed parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun party to dress up for!!

      Delete
  2. this is such a fun idea!!!! looks like such a great time! and i love all the time period outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends we're such troopers finding looks with such short notice, but it was a great time!

      Delete
  3. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books! I think it might have been the only one I actually read in high school haha this is such a cool theme for a party! It looks like you all had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I have never had a theme party go over that well (:

    ReplyDelete