Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday Motivation (& a little about my new job)

As promised, I want to share with you a little bit about my new job!

Since we found out we were staying in California I have been struggling with the idea of "the reason" why. We had so made plans for the future and the idea of staying put gave us both an unsettling feeling.

I prayed and prayed and prayed for some clarity and all I kept hearing was:
Be still. My plan, not yours.

In my head I had convinced myself that I was content with being still, but my heart felt anxious and He knew. For weeks every devotional I read kept feeding me the same message. Finally, mostly out of exhaustion, I surrendered. I realized this was our situation and instead of feeling bitter and worried, I needed to see the blessings in this place.

Then, last week I was hired by a company completely outside of my radar when I wasn't even sure I was looking for a job. Keep you posted on more soon, but you may have heard of the company....Stitch Fix?!

 [Blazer: Lauren Conrad, Blouse: Loft, Skirt: ThredUp, Pumps: Forever 21, Earrings: Forever 21, Necklace: Nola True

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am sorry to hear that you aren't getting the chance to move, but what an amazing opportunity! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! We will have out time, just have to be patient! :)

      Delete
  2. How exciting!!! I LOVE my Fixes every other month....anyway we can request you to style for us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can!!! I will absolutely let y'all know once I get settled and in the routine of things how to do that!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! that is so exciting :) I've never tried Stichfix but have always been curious. I would do it if you were my stylist for sure! And I can see your disappointment in staying where you are when you had hopes of going some place else-- Thinking of you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so AMAZING pieces! I will absolutely be giving stylist information once I get into the grove of things! One of these days I will learn "never write anything in pen" when it comes to the Marine Corps! :)

      Delete
  4. !!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, I will ABSOLUTELY want you to style me! Congratulations! I've always been curious how the backside of their operations works. Although you probably aren't supposed to share too much in public :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my first bag of Stitch Fix and I loved everything! The sizing is a smidge big for me on some things, but perfect for fall and winter. I am only sending one piece because it was a tad pricey, but keeping the other four. Let us know when you're up and running so we can request you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete