Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Verses to encourage a servicemember

It's been a few weeks since my husband left for a course on the east coast. We're going without any communication for duration of him being gone. Before we said our "see you on the other end of this thing" I sent him a handful of bible verses to encourage him during the challenging days ahead. Where he's at right now is tough, physically and mentally. For the first half I was there to encourage him and build him up, something we both know he needed. Seriously, there is nothing sweeter in marriage than someone 100% on your team and my cup is filled knowing that I could give him that during this time. Praying he's feeling encouragement and strength straight from the source.

Colossians 3:23 
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord rather than people.

Titus 3:14 
Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.

Philippians 3:13-14
But one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and reaching for what lies ahead. I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ.

Psalm 27:1 
The Lord will be my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? 
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? 

1 Corinthians 9:27 
No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (He carried this one around throughout his entire deployment and we now have it framed in our office.)

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. 

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 40:30
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly, 
Those who wait for the Lord 
Will grow new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment