Wednesday, September 30, 2015

stay put

[Earrings: Forever 21, Necklace: Kendra Scott, Top: r2d apparel, Jeans: Silver, Shoes: Rebels]

I have to make a confession.
We found out where we're being sent to next.
Here. 
That's right, we're staying put, right here in California, for another handful of months, at least.
We do have an idea where we're going next, but we're decided to not getting ahead of ourselves.
I almost have to laugh; we are a small percentage who want to get stationed back east, yet we can't get orders to leave paradise.
What a terrible dilemma. Sense the sarcasm?
Initially, I was a total brat about it and I could go on and on about my reasons why, but there is too much to be thankful for, and I hate to be so silly. Plus, this is this life and most days I love it so much.
Anyways. There's the update.
I'm not over the moon stoked, but like I've always said, I will make the best of whatever the situation. Honestly, Oceanside has become home; I know the best local dives and all the back roads. We're established and there is peace in that, I just miss our families.

In other news, we have a CRAZY busy rest of the week, my man is PROMOTING!!!!
Super. Big. Deal.
Today, I am running all over town with my sidekick, Kim, who has so graciously dropped everything to help me out these next few days. Thursday, I have a special evening planned, just us two. I got him this for a promotion gift:
He is going to freak out!
Friday, I'm hosting his wetting down party and I have already started transforming our home, Then on Sunday, we have Pumpkin Day! I cannot wait to share the fun with y'all, but if you'd like to keep updated until then...you can find me on Instagram.
XO! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats on his promotion....I'm sure you are going to throw the best wetting down party :) I can't wait to see all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on his promotion! thats awesome! Sounds like a fun& special weekend & next few days. I'm envious ;) I can totally understand missing the east coast and family-- I'm sure not hurricanes & all this rain though!! ugghh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the promotion!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are definitely benefits to getting to stay in one place for a while, but I sure understand wanting to be near family :) I know you'll make plenty of wonderful new memories right where you are.

    ReplyDelete