Thursday, September 03, 2015

Pad Thai : Please Try

You guysssssss! Let me simply just say....PLEASE TRY THIS RECIPE! 
I promise, this is for your own good, I am looking out for your best interest. Really!

Forgive me for the picture quality, the photos are from my iPhone. I wanted to get back to stuffing my face so I snapped these really quick.
Steak
What you need:
2tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
1tbsp honey
1tbsp white wine vinegar 
1tbsp grapeseed oil
3tbsp minced garlic
1tbsp dried cilantro
pepper to taste
1lb flank steak

Combine all ingredients (minus steak) together until well mixed. Add flank steak and marinate for 2 hours. 
Heat pan on med-high with 1tbsp of grapeseed oil and sear steak for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer steak (and juices) to an oven set to 400 and bake 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness of steak). Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thin square pieces. Set to side.

Pad Thai 
What you need:
1tbsp grapeseed oil
1/2 cup of green onions
2tbsp minced garlic
2 carrots - shaved using a vegetable peeler
2 green bell peppers - cut into thin slices
1 egg
1 1/2tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2tbps white wine vinegar
1 1/2tbsp soy sauce (low sodium) 
1 1/2tbsp maple syrup
3 cups of whole wheat pasta (cooked according to directions on box) 
1lb cooked flank steak
1/4 cup of peanuts
1 lime cut into slices

Mix brown sugar, white wine vinegar, soy sauce,and maple syrup in a small bowl at set aside.
Heat wok with grapeseed oil and garlic over medium heat until garlic begins to brown. Add carrots and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add egg and mix to scramble. Add mixed sauce and stir. Add noodles, steak, green onions, and peanuts and cook until warm.
Serve with lime slice! 
It is SOOOOOOOOO good y'all! I reminds me of one of my favorite restaurants in Wilmington, takes me back. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment