Wednesday, August 12, 2015

California Gallery Wall

I wanted to create a California gallery wall as a piece of nostalgia and a reminder of how blessed we've been to have the opportunity to explore this state we've called home for the last 3 years. I remember being terrified to move to California and this wall represents what kind of adventure awaits when you allow yourself to take a leap of faith.

I have two more frames that I have reserved for a Temecula and Big Bear when we go in October. If I knew we'd be staying in this apartment longer than a couple of months, I would add a sofa table behind the couch. I have different plans for these if we move so I am going resist fitting new things into this space. Oh military life, your life can change in a moment. 
 
[Left to Right: Hollywood , Torrey Pines, Julian, Oceanside (evening walks to the beach with my love), Big Sur, San Francisco, Oceanside Harbor, Catalina Island]

6 comments:

  1. Love these! Such a fun and pretty way to remind great times and places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That exactly how I feel about the wall every time I see it! I want to make one for my home state!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to remember such precious memories of your adventures in California!! :) LOVE the white frames!!
    Blessings,
    Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to go with black for a pop against the white but I just love white decor so much!

      Delete
  3. We also purchase a piece of art from each duty station...and get a Christmas ornament from every place we visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We want to do the ornament idea too!!!

      Delete