Wednesday, July 22, 2015

summer 2015 reads

I have been reading a lot this summer which has been great, but I find myself completely unable to just enjoy the book, reading a few pages here and there when I have the time. Instead, I completely ditch my "to-do" list and schoolwork until I have finished every last page.

Right now I am reading another book by Liane Moriarty after I fell in love with The Husband's Secret. I've heard that this is the best of hers. 

Next up Midnight Crossroads (1st in the series) by Charlaine Harris. My girlfriend is reading these right now and says that are a MUST! 

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee has been in my cart all summer, but I keep finding something that I want to read more. Have you read it yet?


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

Of the ones I've read this summer:
 The Girl on the Train literally paralyzed me until I finished it in total.
The Husband's Secret had me questioning my own morals.
The Island was my favorite read for the beach.

What have you read this summer? I would love any suggestions!

9 comments:

  1. Great list! I loved Girl on the Train. I'm currently reading Paper Towns before I see the movie in theaters. Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret are on my list for August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you HAVE to read The Husband's Secret next. Big Little Lies is great (so far) but The Husband's Secret is a great one to start with. I think about everything, her writing style is my favorite!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read these! I want to question my morals! (lol) You should read Sarah's Key and Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah. Guarantee you will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Hundred Summers was really good and great for the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the snippet on amazon, I am going to HAVE to read this one, sounds like it's right up my alley!

      Delete
  4. I had to do a book review for the magazine I write for and it got me to re-read my favorite summer books. Last Days of Summer, Almost Like Being In Love, and My Most Excellent Year. All 3 are by Steve Kluger and make me literally laugh out loud so I don't read them in public. While they aren't a series if you read them in that order you'll see he carries a few things over and makes references you'll pick up on from past books. I fell in love with his writing years ago and fall in love with it again every time I read these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually read a murder mystery, but I LOVE the that you suggested something with comedy! I think laughing in a book is so much fun. It's like you were told a secret or a joke that no one else was invited to!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE to read! Some of my favorites this summer other than the fantastic ones you mentioned: All The Light We Cannot See, Orphan Train, Night Circus (weird and long but very good), Leaving Time, This is Where I Leave You and The Kitchen House. Kitchen House is a period piece and as a (former) Southerner, I think you will love it. I thought it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete