Wednesday, July 01, 2015

southern indulgences

It was such a treat to spend the week in the south with my husband and his family. It was my first time meeting his mom's side of he family which had me feeling totally nervous like when you first start dating someone.
From early mornings, rocking on the weathered white chairs to strolling along the uneven brick in the small town of Apalachicola, and everything in between... we tried to soak up the south as much as we possibly could.

The morning we arrived, we started out with breakfast at The Cracker Barrel and candy sticks for the road. I always have to grab a few of these when I leave Cracker Barrel because they remind me of the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Tutti Frutti is my favorite!

The lighthouse greeted guests the second they crossed over the bridge to St. George Island. It was out first stop on the island...

Oysters for dayssssss (totally not in season, I know, tisk tisk)...

Dewey skin & salty kisses from my main squeeze...

Brews (Microbrews make me think of San Diego and Asheville mostly, but I love seeing them making an appearance in small cities) & baseball caps...
 

Magnolia trees...
 

A lowcountry boil & the lowcountry...
 
Our hearts felt rejuvenated after a week of family and a slower pace. It was the first time Ben saw his parents and family post deployment so it was special for us to have that time with them and I can't imagine a better place for family to come together. 

2 comments:

  1. aww what an awesome vacation! Love those two pictures of yall & your wedges!

    ReplyDelete