Thursday, June 04, 2015

2015 Summer Bucket List

Here in Southern California we are currently spending most of our days battling May Gray and June Gloom (over it!), meaning chilly temps and cloudy skies. Never the less, living here we do almost have an endless summer and since our friends are already starting to leave (tear*), we're trying to soak it up as much as possible.

We biked down to the Stone Company Store last night and brainstormed ideas while doodling everything on the back of a napkin...
  1. Avoid camping, if possible...
  2. BBQ and Fireworks
  3. Fly on a plane together - for the first time!
  4. Vacation in the Sunshine State. 
  5. Dinners on the patio.
  6. Biking over driving as often as possible.
  7. Neighborhood walks at least once a week.
  8. Getting dolled up for a dinner date with a view.
  9. Snorkeling with sharks.
  10. Putt - Putt!
  11. Visit the peacock farm.
  12. Help move-in friends who are PCSing to Southern California.
  13. Lunch at Ruby's on the Pier (since we still haven't been after 3 years).
  14. Blow Bubbles.
  15. Outdoor movie at the amphitheater.
  16. Visit a lighthouse.
  17. Picnic on the beach.
  18. And personal goals, a (really important) training for B and a certification for myself.
What is on your summer bucket list? I'd love to add to ours! 

8 comments:

  1. We must have caught the sun just right. My sunburns from Carlsbad Pier 33 beach and Ocean Beach beg to differ on the June Gloom this past weekend. That's a great list! And now I want to go to a peacock farm. Ours includes: pick fresh lavender from the lavender farm, Annual Crawfish Boil (our friend group does this every year), spend an afternoon in the hammocks by a lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ruby's on the Pier! Glen Ivy sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list!! a wine tasting soiree sounds divine! and dressing up for a dinner date is probably one of my top favorite things to do-- during any season! haha :) have a wonderful weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that bicycle! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great list! I still have to make my summer bucket list :) I Definitely want to do some traveling and try something I've never done before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that #1 is "avoid camping" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jordan! I noticed Glen Ivy was on your list. If you're looking for a similar atmosphere but more for you and Ben there's a place called The Spring Resort & Spa in Palm Springs. It is AMAZING! They have a variety of room options and you can also rent villas (townhouses). There are also rooms with kitchens so you have the option to cook if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip!!! I will most certainly have to check this out!

      Delete