Wednesday, May 20, 2015

some see a wish...

Right before B got home, I wanted to get a little something for my girlfriends who have been more like family in California than friends. People who were there when I had car trouble, needed a shoulder to cry on, or a fun night out. 

I know I have said it a million times and I am almost positive they are sick of me saying it to them, but I could not have done life without these ladies. They have been my rock and the reason I was able to handle the deployment as well as I did. Thankful doesn't begin to express how I feel when I think about these girls.

When picking out a gift, I wanted something that was meaningful, but also something that would be used. A got everyone a glass pendent necklace which held a single dandelion flower. I think the dandelion is so symbolic of our lifestyle, active duty and dependents. Since two of my close friends are active duty, I wanted to make sure this gift was relevant for everyone.

I wrote this up to explain why I chose the gift I did.

It's been a true blessing to have this community. Knowing how fortunate we have been to have fallen into these friendships makes me nervous for our next move (and watching friends who leave before us) and fearing that we will not have the same life we love here in California.

Until that day though, I will just continue to cherish these memories and enjoy this time and these priceless friends.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace and beautiful note! So glad you have such a great community around you, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful necklaces - did you make them yourself? It's always awesome to find such a great community of people especially during deployments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make them, I found them on Etsy. The photos don't even do them justice, they are pretty in person!

      Delete
  3. What a great gift! Love the dandelions!
    My man just left on his deployment but I am far from a military community and my friends just think I'm crazy for sticking by him!

    www.jewelswandering.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them on Etsy! https://www.etsy.com/listing/233037542/free-shipping-dandelion-jewelry-necklace?ref=related-7

      Delete