Monday, May 18, 2015

Glamping in Big Sur, CA

I'm backkkkkk!!!!!!!!! And I am sick.
I think all this going and going for a usually low key lady, overwhelmed me a bit and caused my immune system to crash on me. As I recover, I have been wanting to share with y'all where we stayed while in Big Sur. You would love it! Glorified camping for those who crave a little luxury, and rugged enough to still feel connected to the earth. B stumbled on it as we were in a "discussion" over the lack of camping availability in the area with such a short timeline from the actual trip. Obviously I was wrong because we scored this place.
Our view from our camp site!
Since we were unable to have fires, the only meals we cooked were S'mores with the JetBoil for dessert.
Thankfully, the lodge (which had heat and a fire) and a fantastic dinner. I am talking 5 star good.
On day 2 we had (complimentary) breakfast in the lodge and spent the better part of the morning wandered the resort grounds, where I discovered the most incredible honeycomb hammock. 
We also toured the gardens where they use most of the fruits and vegetables from in their meals they serve at the lodge.
Later in the afternoon after we hiked up to a waterfall only a couple of blocks miles away from the resort. The staff will give you an entire list of beaches and hikes nearby, including directions on how to get there.
That evening we had sushi at the resort. Best sushi I have ever had. They even opened up 30 minutes late because the fresher than fresh fish was running a few minutes behind.
Since you are completely off the grid, there is plenty of time to dive into their wall of games that you can either use in the lodge or back in your tent (or yurt, if you plan a trip more than 3 days in advance).
It was a such a wonderful trip. If find yourself off the grid and practically hovering over the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur...I HIGHLY recommend this place.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Big Sur. Too bad I don't still live in Monterey....would have loved to show you around! Carmel-by-the-Sea is breathtaking and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete