Tuesday, April 21, 2015

He's Home!!

After 344 days, My. Husband. Is. Home! My heart feels so full. This moment and this love is worth every single second apart and every hard day.

My friend Kim captured the homecoming for us and I cherish these photos immensely.
 Instead of buses, the team walked up and my Marine was in the front. The second I realized it actually was him, I ran for it, the first one to go. I've thought about this moment a million times. Would I run to him (in my heels and most likely fall)? Would I jump on him? Would I have a sign? Would I be able recognize him amongst the sea of cammies? When the time came, I can't even tell you what happened. Adrenaline kicked in, everyone else zoned out and it was just us.
 I'd do it all over again, marry this man again in a second if he asked me, I wouldn't change anything about our lives because it's our fairy-tale and many days it truly feels like one.

14 comments:

  1. Awww such sweet pictures. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every single moment with him and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME HOME MARINE!!!! So glad you have your husband back home. Please tell him I thank him for his service and please know I thank you for supporting him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this totally made me tear up!!! Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw!!!! So Happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww this made me tear up!! congrats, so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy!!!!! So so happy he is home! Welcome home to your Marine! Thank you both for your service! -- I love these pictures too, so wonderful to have this amazing moment captured! Enjoy this time together! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how even in a sea of identical uniforms we can always pick ours out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those feelings....nothing in the world comes close to comparing to them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad he's home with you! Finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! SO happy for you!!!! You look gorgeous!!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete