Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Leave-in Conditioner with Essential Oils

It's been raining off and on here the past few days which is rare, but welcomed. I spent Sunday afternoon cooped up in my condo creating everything from homemade shaving cream to homemade broccoli and cheese soup. Of all the creations, my favorite had to be a chemical free leave-in conditioner. Although the broccoli and cheese was delicious too and I've been enjoying the leftovers all week.

In a small 4oz bottle add:
3 oz (6 tbsp) distilled water
1 oz (2 tbsp) vegetable glycerin
 1 tsp lavender essential oil
5 drops lemon essential oil
Shake to blend and before each use.
(You can double/triple the recipe if you would like to use a larger bottle)

I add a few spritz to my wet hair before blow drying and again after it's was completely dried. It smells fantastic and leaves my hair feeling so soft. Also, I do not wash my hair every day and on my skip days I spray a little of this into my hair and it instantly feels refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment