Wednesday, February 11, 2015

cultivating peace and purpose


Rise with the sun. 
The morning sun is the most crisp and pure part of the day.
(Even if you don't have to get up for another couple hours or so)

Make your bed.
"The state of your bed is the state of your head. Enfold your day in dignity." 
-Karen Maezen Miller 
Making your bed first thing in the morning promotes productivity and allows your to adopt healthier habits throughout your entire day.

Meditate. 
Take some quiet time whether it be sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee or with breakfast tea and a devotional. Just a couple of minutes to take your mind away from your to-do list and allow yourself to transition into your day on a positive note.

Don't leave dishes in the sink.
Clean up you messes.Whether is be the dishes in the sink, the clothes on the floor, or a tiff with a friend that's unsettled, clean up your messes.

Eat consciously.
 Allow food to fuel and nourish your body.

Embrace lights out.
This is actually a practice I've embrace since my husband has been gone, ironically. I've noticed that allowing myself to turn off all the lights, the TV, not allowing phones in bed has actually allowed me turn off my constantly racing mind. It's allowed me to separate the day and my tasks from the evening and my rest period. It's also given me the chance to reflect over the day, what I am thankful for, and what really matters. (It could also be a few spritz of my lavender sleep spray on my pillow)

Add yoga, and these steps help me cultivate a more mindful home and peaceful mind throughout my day.

2 comments: