Friday, December 12, 2014

your hands

My uncle conducted our wedding ceremony when Ben and I were married (the second time). His words before we said "I do" continue to replay in my head any time I think about our future, our family, our struggles and our successes.

Join your hands.

These are the hands of your best friend. 
These are the hands that will join your family as one.
These are the hands that will give you strength as you need it, support and encouragement to pursue your dreams, and comfort through difficult times.
And lastly, these hands will get wrinkled and they'll get old, but still they'll be the hands that you crave and reach for.



This post also got me singing one of my favorite songs by JJ Heller. A song that that ironically helped B and I get through a difficult time in our relationship a couple of years back. 'When my world is shaking, Heaven stands, when my heart is breaking, I never leave Your hands.'

And another song I absolutely adore by her...

(and I'll stop before this post starts turning into a bunch of different tangents that I go off onto, like I do in real life)

Oh but one last thing - our second, second anniversary is on Monday! We said we were only going to celebrate this anniversary date, but I noticed, we seem to acknowledge both.

No comments:

Post a Comment