Tuesday, December 30, 2014

un-deck the halls

When do you start putting away all of your Christmas decorations?
I start taking everything down by the end of the weekend, except for my tree. I will probably have our tree up well into half of January. It adds so much to a home, and the second I take it down, I instantly feel like our home is bare. Then again, this is coming from the girl who is still watching Christmas movies saved on the DVR.

A couple of days ago as I was planning my storage attack, I started thinking about how unnecessarily messy all my wrapping paper and bags were. After browsing Amazon, I stumbled on this wrapping paper/bag storage and it has completely changed wrapping for me! We are constantly giving gifts; whether they are house warming, going away's, birthdays, holidays, homecomings, thank yous, we use wrapping paper and gift bags a lot in our home (I always pick up wine bags any time I visit our winery). I went from everything tossed into a laundry basket to this under the bed storage that is easily accessible and makes wrapping that much more fun. It's the little things.


Are you an organizational junkie? Do you have an item or a trick that has changed the way you organize something? Please do share - spring cleaning is just a few months away!

5 comments:

  1. is "post Christmas depression" a thing? because I think I have it....haha, but our stuff will stay up until after new years...even then I don't want to take it down but I think our tree is becoming a fire hazard. haha, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be because I always get it! I just love the holidays, how hopeful and cheerful everyone is! Love it, never want it to end!

      Delete
  2. I left to go work one day at Starbucks because the house is too busy for me to get much done right now. Returned home to ALL OF CHRISTMAS put up by my husband. Best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is AWESOME! What a good husband and what a treat to return home to!

      Delete
  3. We are STILL decorated! Between Thanksgiving travel and Gene being gone for work we decorated late in December and then we were gone right after Christmas so I didn't really get to enjoy it all! Then I got sick and didn't feel like touching a thing! This weekend at the latest, it will all come down and I will get sad about it all. I think tomorrow afternoon I will start with the ornaments off the tree. It's all just very sad to me!
    As far as storage- I love that organizer! I had purchased a rubbermaid wrapping paper bin, but it's still so messy!

    ReplyDelete