Monday, December 01, 2014

Golden Birthday!!

Last Wednesday I celebrated my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!!
I turned 26 on the 26th of November and my friends absolutely spoiled me! Kim planned the entire thing, literally having a baby less than two weeks ago. She's a rockstar.

We started the celebration with a dinner at Trattoria i Trulli, a quaint Italian restaurant in the heart of Encinitas. Everything was gold themed, even our outfits. My sweet friends searched tirelessly for gold attire (something a step above clubwear can be a challenge) just for me.

Then on Saturday, we had lunch at The Grand Tea Room in Escondido. The Main Street in downtown Escondido (just don't look past the street) looked like a Main Street in a small town on the east coast, then we walked into the tea room and I I felt like  I was instantly in New Bern. My heart melted over and over the entire time we were there. Growing up I used to always have tea for my birthdays and it just seemed perfectly fitting for my Golden Birthday to have tea with friends.
The had an entire area for hats, gloves, and pearls to wear during lunch. We drank tea, ate finger sandwiches, and pondered over what ladies who had tea in the past talked about at tea.
It was so much fun! Hands down one of my best birthdays I've ever had.
I am so blessed to have met so many friends that love to try new things and go on fun adventures.

Between my husband and the rest of my family and all my friends (here and on the east coast), I celebrated my birthday the entire week, not to mention had an extra long weekend thanks to Thanksgiving! It's been such a treat!


PS. I posted twice today because our Gift Guide is coming up!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like fun! My golden birthday was when I was 8 so I didn't even realize it when I had it. And I love New Bern too (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes Allie!!

      Delete
  2. awww fun!! happy late birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!!! I LOVE that you celebrate golden birthdays too! Plus that you, me and Rob all had ours in 2014 (Mine was 25 on 4/25 and Rob's was 26 on 10/26!) The only way this could have been better is if we could have celebrated together ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golden birthdays are the best, I mean you only get one!! And one of these days we're destined to live near each other, I tell you, it's meant to be! :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun day! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome birthday, happy belated!

    ReplyDelete