Thursday, October 16, 2014

sweet and savory baked brie

Remember this dinner I went to? Well one of the ladies brought over a dish that I absolutely devoured. It was the perfect balance of sweet and savory and it was cheese so of course. After stuffing my mouth, I begged the person who made it to give me her recipe and to my surprise it was super simple! I made it for B when he was last home and he loved it too. When it comes to brie, in my eyes, you can't hardly go wrong.

What you need:
1 round of Brie (with rind)
2 cups of  strawberries
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar 

Preheat oven to 350°F, once preheated, in a shallow baking dish, place brie into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
At the same time, in a small pot, heated at medium-low, add balsamic vinegar and strawberries cut into halves. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the strawberries have softened.
Pour the strawberry-balsamic topping over the brie and serve with crackers or bread. 

[I cut up a baguette placed the pieces onto a pan, drizzled a little EVOO over the break and baked on the lower rack until crispy.]


PS. We had this discussion this past weekend...Do you eat the rind or no? I gobble it up, I love the texture. Mom and dad say no, they don't like it.

2 comments:

  1. oh man. definitely trying this one! Chris & I LOVE brie. As for me, I'm not a fan of the rind, but my bunny is like you & gobbles it up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks amazing. I love baked brie and this sounds RIGHT up my alley!

    ReplyDelete