Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Summer Berry Crisp

Okay, so for a second let's hop back to summer. It's been heating up again in Southern California (I will totally be getting my fall fix soon - more on that later!!!!!) so I had to share with y'all my new (to me) summer dessert staple. Bonus! It's super easy to make.

A couple of months ago at a potluck with friends, my girlfriend made a berry crisp that I seriously could not stop eating. I totally had dessert seconds. I don't even feel shameful admitting it because it's was so delicious. She handed me over the recipe so I could make it when B was home. 

This recipe serves a larger group of people, but when I recreated it at home, it was just for B and I, so we may have had it for breakfast the next morning as well, topped with yogurt instead of vanilla ice cream. When you read the ingredients, you'll understand why this treat is sooooo decadent, but it's worth every little delicious calorie. 


What You Need:
1 c. blackberries
1 1/2 c. raspberries
2 c. strawberries
1 1/2 c. butter
3 tbsp white sugar
2 c. all purpose flour
2 c. oats
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
(Serves 8)

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree
  2. In a bowl, toss the fruit with white sugar. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Cut up butter (slightly softened so it can combine) and mix it into the dry ingredients until the texture is crumbly.
  4. Add half of the crumble into the bottom of a pan (I used a Pyrex). Next, cover the bottom layer with your fruit and top with the remaining crumble.
  5. Bake for 35 minutes until the fruit bubbling and the crumble is golden.
  6. Serve. Best with vanilla ice cream, in my opinion. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that looks heavenly!! I am a berry fanatic, I will definitely need to make this!

    ReplyDelete