Friday, May 23, 2014

wine club members

By now if you follow me on Instgram or Facebook you know that B and I are club members of a winery here in Southern California. When we first moved out here we honestly knew very little about wine other than the fact that I really like to have a glass after work some days.

One of our first weekends in California, B and I were exploring the Carlsbad area. I was having a major attitude, I did not want to be out here and not receptive in the slightest to anything California had to offer. We walked by Witch Creek Winery and B insisted that we check it. A tasting later, we left members. It's probably one of the first places that made me feel like California was a piece of home. And it wasn't because of their wine (although delicious!) or awesome membership deal, but the staff. They are incredible - we adore every single one of them. Anytime we walk in, it's like walking into a friends house, and they have taught us so much about the process of making wine (even got to see it before) the difference between a Syrah and a Sangiovese, to a Tempranillo.

Now, over a year later and countless friends joining the membership too, it's the place we go to celebrate - new job offers, homecomings, baby's, successfully finishing a workout, or a Saturday!
Cheers, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment