Thursday, May 15, 2014

text message

The other day we attended a cookout before the team left. It felt good to meet everyone and see that everyone else has a family too. I am one of the few spouses of the team that deployed together, so it was a nice reminder for me that everyone else has moms and dads, girlfriends and fiances, brothers and sisters too, missing them, hoping for a safe a fast deployment along with myself.

Before the end of the cookout, we captured a few photos of the team; a small group that have developed an incredible relationship with one another.

I sent a group photo to our family and close friends of the team, and unknowingly I included a wrong number in the group message. They wrote a text message back and it first made me laugh out loud a lot at my own mistake and that they chose to respond, but after reading it, it made my entire day that they responded and in such a loving way.


I've been reflecting a lot since my husband left, processing everything and being incredibly thankful for the support of my family and friends and the advancement of technology. I've felt a little different than I originally thought I would, maybe it's because we've finally started this chapter and no longer are waiting, or because being alone isn't a completely foreign concept to me anymore, but I think I can do this. At least that's how I feel this week....keep you posted.

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl. We're here for you during this time! I'm not sure if I've sent you Kate's blog before.. but check it out..
    http://daffoldilshope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! It's rough some days-- but you will feel like superwoman before long. :) It's a very gratifying feeling. You are gonna be fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bittersweet day. Will be keeping you in my prayers as you navigate the days ahead. That text message deserves a place with the scap paper windshield note. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, what a sweet response back! Wishing you strength & courage - as well as your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww such a sweet response from a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing response back. I'm glad to see that there is still pure goodness in the world.

    Hang in there. The separations are hard, but they do end. That's what I tell myself each and every deployment. God speed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome response back!

    Deployments are never fun. Just remember that it's ok to have a sad day or two, and it's totally acceptable on those days to eat too much ice cream and/or treat yourself to a day at the spa. Praying the time will go quickly and that God would protect your husband and the team he is with.

    -Wife to a Navy Seabee Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you have a strong support system, which is awesome. My husband deploys mid-summer and will be away most of June. We should get together! Wine dates? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My man has been deployed for a while now so I know what that feeling is like. The waiting part was the worst with all of that anticipation. Now that it's finally started, it means that the end of it is sooner. As cliché as it sounds, I tell myself almost every night that "we're another day closer to being together again." Hang in there! You're not alone in this :)

    Joelle

    ReplyDelete