Friday, May 30, 2014

hobby decor

When we moved out here, we signed a lease on a place that we had never seen...literally while we were driving across the country. When we first stepped into our condo, I wasn't totally disappointed, but it did have some serious work that needed to be done (as much work as you can do in a rental). I loved the open concept, but we had a gigantic wall without any separation from the dining room and the living room and that wall was intimidating. One day I got the idea to hang up B's surfboards on the dining room side of our gigantic wall. It helped split up the room and doubled as storage and decor.

...Well the idea inspired my dad and my brother because they hung their bikes on the wall in the Cleveland apartment.
Kind of a cool concept, huh?

5 comments:

  1. I loooooove the surfboards o nthe wall. Like, LOVE!!! Great idea. And your brother moved to Cleveland???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely cool - I love that your dad and brother followed suit. I've always wanted to date a surfer FOR this reason, well and other reasons. Sadly my hubby does not surf, BUT he does ride a long board (skateboard) maybe we could decorate with some decks on the wall! I love the look of your dining area! So awesome. Functional and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the surfboards on the wall would look cute in Trace's nursery. You really have a decorating talent girl1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, so I'm just going to need you to come out to Okinawa once we have our household goods and help me set up our house there. You have such a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea to hang up the surfboards. Such fun decoration

    ReplyDelete