Monday, April 14, 2014

First Race!

Y'all!!!! I did it! I officially ran my first 5k. I've done the distance before, but a race, no way! It was exhilarating, inspiring, and felt so good. I've never wanted to do a race, they have always been intimidating to me, but once it started, everything else faded away. I kept a 10 minute pace and finished feeling awesome! Not to mention, we had some sweet friends cheering us on as we bolted through the finish line.
(My bib says male by the way....ughhhhh blessed and cursed with a gender neutral name.)
B also finished the half marathon, making record timing for himself.
I am already ready for the next one! We've already signed up for another 5k in 2 weeks and I'll be working up for a 10k next. I've got the fever people! This was just the motivation I needed.
Oh! And in case you were wondering...I've already order my new workout outfit. It should be here by Wednesday...

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! Races are so much fun! Pretty soon you'll be wanting to do a half and then full :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Marshall ran Heartbreak Ridge last year and that was so fun to watch, but we never signed up this year. I definitely have to do a 5k this summer!! Gotta get started somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to read all about your racing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! Where did you get such cute workout clothes??

    ReplyDelete