Monday, March 31, 2014

IRONMAN70.3

Do you ever have those moments that completely light a fire under your behind? This past weekend we had our good friends from the east coast visit for the Ironman here an Oceanside, which doubled as a short vacation.On Saturday morning, we headed down to the beach to watch our friend Matt complete his 4th Ironman race. You can't attend an event like this and not feel motivated to better yourself by the end.
Jan Frodeno a Pro and Olympian from Germeny took 1st after beating a record setting course time. It was my first time seeing a 1st place winner cross the finish line of any endurance competition, it was surreal to watch.
Our spots were so close to the finish line that we didn't want to risk losing them, so remained in our spot awaiting Matt came through the finish, totally beasting it when he did!
It was such a treat having these two in town, I tried to fit in as much as possible in the short time they were here and I exhausted! Post holiday recovery mode is in full effect.
Speaking of that fire, B surprise signed me up for a 5k. It's been about 6 months since I've even attempted running. I did talk B into getting me a new cute athletic outfit from Athleta for completing the run however, muahahaha! I'm pretty sure he's learned what motivates me, you know...until the idea of working out actually motivates me.

PS. Have you ever seen this video about training for an Ironman? It's hilarious.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome for your friend and that you got to cheer him on. And so cool that you saw an Olympian beat a record and actually just the fact that you saw an Olympian at all is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was super cool! He won medals and everything!

      Delete
  2. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen the finish of a big running race before! That's so amazing, congrats to Matt! I am so excited for your upcoming 5k! They are beyond fun... and workout clothes don't hurt! Hope all is well, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beyond fun for people who like to work out ;) Kidding, I am excited to officially say I have done one!

      Delete
  3. good luck with your 5k training and yea for cute work out clothes!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping a week will be enough! :)

      Delete