Tuesday, February 18, 2014

potato chip in nature

Okay, so I am going to write this and promise myself that I won't delete/alter any of this in the morning, so sorry in advance...for the misspellings, bad grammar, and run on sentences. More than anything I am doing this mostly for myself in remembrance of the delusional state that I am currently in after the intense hike I just did today. Let's go ahead and set this up...I don't really work out much, and I just completed a legit 8 mile hike with the incline from hell, curving up a mountain, rock steps, with a chick who does bodybuilding competition shows, and two male Marines. Like for real, you see me smiling in these photos, but it's really because someone asked me to take a photo and it meant I could stop and breathe for a second...
San Diego off in the distance
Finally made it to..Potato Chip Rock!!!
Just saying...if you live near the SoCal area...you kind of have to go...and deal with how much of a bitch it is to get to the top...

And then after all the heat, sunburn, and pain, it was still so much fun!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... that picture flipped on its side! At first I thought you were really hanging off a rock and I nearly died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, it was totally scary being on that rock, it took a lot out of me to try and lay on it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gossshhhh! Wow! It looks so thin! I would be afraid it would break, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally will one day, especially with the amount of people that go on it a day, it's even thinner looking in person!

      Delete
  3. We've never been! Could I take my kids? Partially up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally could, there were kids up there your kids age...people took their time to do the hike, not powering up it like we did. Some people we saw even stopped for lunch, there are awesome rocks with views along the way. ALSO the park has a nice hike that is totally do able around the lake area too!

      Delete
  4. You are so brave! I would never go out on that! I would be so scared!! Love the fun picture though where it looks like you guys are hanging on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary, for sure! That rock was thin!

      Delete
  5. So cool! I love that pic of the two of you, looks like he's holding you up! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete