Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hues of Paradise

Not that here in Southern California we've had much of a winter, chilly breezes coming in from the water have us just shy of bikini weather still. I am looking forward to the days that we waist away the weekends with our friends at the beach. In preparation, I already started painting my nails in my go to summertime hues...
 Coconuts & Cocktails (NEW!), Turquoise & Caicos, Playa del Platinum, Chubby Cheeks

Currently I am sporting Turquoise & Caicos
What are your "go to" polish colors for spring and summer? Have you started wearing lighter polish yet?

PS. Last night B worked late so I had a girly night and re-did my nails testing out the Gel Manicure hack!
I am unsure how it long it will last yet, but if you have an event that you need to have your nails looking good, the hack will surely make them look like gels. Love it so far! Super inexpensive, and worth a try.


******Update: The gel hack did not work as I had hoped, my nails started chipping the next day! Great look for an evening or special event however, just not lasting.******

7 comments:

  1. I will have to try this hack!!!

    Has the consistency/formula of Turquoise & Caicos gotten better by any means? I have it and it just always seems so splotchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought a new bottle and I used two coats, but it wasn't splotchy at all! I did have to use two coats though to get that though. I hate when polishes do that though!!

      Delete
  2. Turquoise & Caicos is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool I will have to try out that gel nail hack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I am actually wearing Turquoise and Caicos right now
    Great minds....
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like I should be on a tropical island every time I wear it! Pina Colada please!

      Delete
  5. I've been going with regular french tips (well, red french) and JUST added polish this week - purple, for a friend of mine. I'll probably be spending most of next month in various shades of green :)

    ReplyDelete