Monday, January 06, 2014

scenes from around the neighborhood

I started off the New Year in the ER, after what started as a cold snowballed into full on sickness. Needless to say I was quarantined in the house for the better half of the week and weekend. By Sunday morning, cabin fever was in full force and I was finally feeling like myself again. B and I both woke up early and decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood to get some fresh air and ease myself into rejoining society. 
Before B and I were married, I asked him to promise me that he would always take walks with me. So far, he's been good to his word. Every time we take walks or run, I always notice elderly couples walking together; I tell you, I think there is some magic to it. Together, without the distractions of iPhones and TV's, meeting our neighbors, laughing, slowing down, just simple time together. 

10 comments:

  1. Aww I SO agree with the last sentence!! Hope you're feeling 100% better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! We take walks as well.... When we have good weather for it ;) ugh I've been quarantined :/ no bueno! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walks have always been our thing. If ever we are frustrated with each other, we always go take a walk, talk, and all is well again :) there is something about walking and holding hands-- you just can't stay mad long! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking when you're disagreeing, that is some good advice missy...our stubborn behinds will have to try that!! Love you!!!!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are feeling better
    It is kinda weird seeing you in shorts at the beach when every other blogger is bundled in a coat and has snow behind them LOL
    Keep up the walks
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even hot wearing my sweatshirt, I had to take it off! Feeling very lucky out here with everyone else currently feeling this winter vortex.

      Delete
  5. Love all of this! SoCal is amazing. We still haven't stayed in those tiny pink houses by the beach. On my list!

    ReplyDelete