Monday, January 27, 2014

blogger blo date

Yesterday, I joined up with other San Diego Milspouse bloggers for an afternoon of pampering at Blo Dry Bar in Carlsbad! They have a great team at Blo and living just down the road from this place, I have a feeling I'll be using it for special nights and events in the future. I selected the Go Fish style, and they even taught be how to do the fishtail braid while they did it, not that I could recreate how great it looked. It was so exciting meeting these ladies after years of  "knowing" them and watching how coming from all over the world, the military and the blogging community has brought us all together in Southern California. 
Emily - it's almost a crime how gorgeous you are.
 
Check out these other San Diego Milspouse Bloggers:

It's amazing to attend events like this and realize where this little blog of mine has taken me. From Charlotte blogger meet-ups to a blogger wedding and literally having friends ALL OVER THE WORLD. Can't wait for the next get together with these ladies...If you're in the area, join us next time!

19 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shots you got all throughout the salon! It was so nice to finally get to meet you in real life and spend some time with you! Isn't it wild getting together with people from blogland?
    LOVED your hair, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to finally meet you too...your personality and sense of humor is even more wonderful and hilarious in person if that is even possible!

      Delete
  2. I want to go to one!! They look like so much fun & so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I get back to NC, we'll have to put one together! :)

      Delete
  3. It was so nice meeting you yesterday!! It was nice rolling out of bed with my hair still curled too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved hanging out with y'all all too! I cannot wait for the next one!

      Delete
  4. Bahaha you're so sweet! It was so great meeting you and I can't wait for future meet-ups/hangouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either - so glad to have met you ladies!

      Delete
  5. A) Found you on that Coast to Coast map, yay for finding local bloggers. B) The blonde in the 3rd picture doing hair is my friend Allyson! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I forgot about coast to coast map, I'll have to check to see who new has added, thanks for the reminder! And how awesome that Allyson was in this post, such a small world! We loved all the ladies at Blo, such a sweet group of girls!

      Delete
  6. That is so cool
    I love the "hair menu"
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally worth it too, you'll have to check it out...they even give extra long head massages!

      Delete
  7. How fun! I knew there had to be some other milspouse bloggers in the area but I had yet to find any. If you guys are allowing others to join in, I'd love to be part of the next meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, we would LOVE to have you next time, the more the merrier! Shoot me your email and I will add you to the list!

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad you were able to come! Your fish tail was so pretty! You have such perfect hair for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an fun event! Blogger meetups are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO much fun! It was so great to meet you! Since you're pretty local (And I mean extremely local, from the sound of it), I predict beach dates in the future, perhaps? I can't wait till next months blate!! Such a blast meeting everyone! Who knew blogger meetups would be so grand?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun time! Wish I was closer

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun afternoon! I've been dying to try a dry bar, but there aren't any close to me! Love the braid!

    ReplyDelete