Monday, December 02, 2013

the view from our patio

We do not have a view of the ocean, rather we have a view of the highway, but I have grown to love this panorama of towering palms, extravagant mountains, and the bustle of the cars as they drive by. I most adore this view during the golden hour. On days I can catch the sun setting, I grab a glass of red wine and just watch sun shimmer over our town. On occasion, an exceptionally clear day, you can even see snow cap mountains in the distance, it's pure perfection.

10 comments:

  1. It works! At least you can see mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the coolest things about where we live in my opinion...it's the beach AND still very mountainous!

      Delete
  2. Ocean or not still a pretty view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard not to have a pretty view just about everywhere out here, so lucky to have this experience!

      Delete
  3. I'm on the other side, so all I see is mountains. Mountains and brown. Green is not a color once you go inland. Your view is much better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh really? How far inland are you?! Sometimes I do forget that we are in a desert terrain out here!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous views! Love your Christmas lights!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun?! I am big on white lights and the husband likes color...out patio has a lot of color so it works nicely...I kind of want to keep them up all year!

      Delete