Monday, December 09, 2013

Christmas Mantel

We have been busy decorating for our Christmas party this coming weekend, and all this Christmas sure does make the house a little more cozy. Our mantel is shaping up nicely - I'd love for you to take a look!
Our stockings are my absolute favorite. B's parents allowed us to pick out our own embroidered stockings and just a few days later I got a package from my parents with homemade stockings from my mom (more on those later). Great parents think alike, huh?
The mini wreaths hanging from the mirror were so easy to make. I purchased fake foliage (I picked ferns, but you can use anything), trimmed them down,  and hot glued them around a small twig wreath. Then hot glue ribbon for hanging, you can do this before you glue the greenery too if you wish.

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the bright red print too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My parents got it for us for our "Married and Bright" Christmas wedding last year!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you have the snow globes elevated. I am going to try that idea. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It displays them a little better through all the garland!

      Delete
  3. I love this look. It looks so good. How funny that both parents sent you stockings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are so funny, and although it's just the two if us, I had to display them all!

      Delete
  4. Great job! I really like everything you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I especially love the red sign. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the merry & bright print. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! My Mom and Dad got it for our Christmas wedding last year!!

      Delete
  7. I'm a new follower. Love your Christmas décor, it looks amazing.. Those stockings are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Stephanie! Thank you, it's probably my favorite part of the house, I always like to have my mantel some sort of theme!

      Delete
  8. HA I found you again
    So glad you commented on the blog
    Love, love this mantle
    Brett

    ReplyDelete