Monday, November 11, 2013

the traveling dress

This weekend was the 9th Comm Marine Corps ball! Every year, the ball gets more and more fun to go to. Each year you meet more people, know a little more about the Corps, and start caring less about appearances. This year I also received more complements on my dress than I have for any other dress I've worn to the ball. My gown was full velvet with white slits that allowed for the perfect twirl on the dance floor. What was even better, the gown was FREE! My aunt handed down the dress back when I was in high school; it's over 23 years old and still a classic! When I visited Charlotte back in June I rediscovered this dress and asked mom if I could take it home with me for the Marine Corps Ball. Mom however had plans for the dress herself at my brother's wedding.

Check out how we both rocked the velvet gown in the same year:
(My trendy mom rocked the backwards necklace for this dress!)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you and you mom look so elegant in that dress! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun wearing the same dress!

      Delete
  2. How cool that the dress has been around for so long! It looks great on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your Mom are just like me and my Mom! We are the same size and trade clothes all the time! Ya'll are both gorgeous and especially in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I always raid my momma's closet, she's got the quirkiest style and the funniest pieces!

      Delete
  4. Your mom is such a hottie - wow! And you look wonderful also!! But tell me, your brother got married and you weren't there???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :( He's my half brother, not that that matters...hate it that I couldn't be there. Still bugs me! I've missed so many family weddings since we moved.

      Delete
  5. How timeless and perfect that dress is! I love pieces that are decades old but look forever modern. There's also something about a free or inexpensive piece that adds to the excitement of it :) you look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about that - it's like a prize when you find something awesome for cheap!

      Delete
  6. You look gorgeous! I love that you and your mom rocked the same dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. Seriously beautiful and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! You are both beautiful ladies and wear the dress well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing! You are both beautiful ladies and wear the dress well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooops, I can't change my goggle account to my name. My hubby is credited with these comments and he would die if he knew....anyway it is Gayle making the above comment and this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooops, I can't change my goggle account to my name. My hubby is credited with these comments and he would die if he knew....anyway it is Gayle making the above comment and this one, too.

    ReplyDelete