Thursday, October 10, 2013

ward off vampires...with...roasted garlic

We love garlic, we cook it with about anything. And since garlic makes an appearance in just about any of the meals we I cook, it also appears often in our appetizers. In this occasion, it was the showcase. What I love most about this, the presentation looks perfectly rustic, without any effort.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel away the outer layers of the garlic and cut off the head of the bulb to expose the garlic. Wrap in tin foil, leaving the top open. Drizzle generously with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Close up the foil, place onto a baking sheet, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until soft. I used an elephant bulb and it took about 1 hour to soften.

If you've never had roasted garlic straight from the bulb, it's a delicious buttery texture with a nutty flavor, the perfect spread on french bread. Or just about anything.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I LOVE roasted garlic. It's only 8am, but I totally want some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than roasted garlic on fresh bread. With a glass of wine obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites. With gorgonzola, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love LOVE roasted garlic! Adding some gorgonzola is a FABULOUS idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I freaking love garlic. In fact, when I was prepping dinner in the crock pot this morning, I added a few extra dashes of garlic powder to the dish... delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! If ya'll ever get stationed in Okinawa, there's a restaurant called the garlic house...it's pretty much heaven!!

    ReplyDelete