Monday, October 28, 2013

Roaring Twenties

This past weekend, our friends hosted a Roaring 20's party for Halloween! I absolutely loved having a pre-planned theme for Halloween this year, it took the pressure off of thinking of a costume - and I can wear this outfit again, especially since half of it was already in my closet!

We each brought over a dish, and I decided on bringing Penne Pesto Pasta with Pine nuts. It's a great dish for parties because after it's made, it doesn't need to be reheated and can be served chilled or at room temperature.
  1. Bring a large pot of water (with EVOO and salt) to a roiling boil. Cook an entire box of Penne pasta until al dente Drain and drizzle with a little EVOO to keep the pasta from sticking, and for added flavor.
  2. Place 4 cups of basil leaves, 1 cup of EVOO, 1/3 cups of walnuts, 4 cloves of garlic, 4 oz of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper into a food processor and process until the mixture forms a paste. Or you can use pre-made pesto to do it in less time.
  3. Toss cooked pasta and pesto together in a large mixing bowl and mix together. Add pine nuts and mix.
  4. Garnish with Parmesan shavings and chill until ready to serve.
I also brought Parmesan Pasty Pups - they are always a huge hit and my favorite frozen appetizer secret. I'm all about convenient short cuts when it comes to parties!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how fun! I've never though of a pre-planned themed Halloween party... genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made it so easy!! Loved it, and I love the style of the 20's so it was perfect!

      Delete
  2. You guys look great!!! I love a good themed party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's always fun to play dress up!

      Delete
  3. Roaring 20's is a great idea, and that dress is perfect! I love it when you can make a costume out of things you already own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a blast and the new pieces like the dress I would throw a belt around my waist and wear it again!

      Delete
  4. So cute! I wish I liked to dress up more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party idea and the recipe looks great too.
    Linda
    Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that recipe. Yall are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is beyond perfect! I hope this was as much fun as it seems from your pictures!! Happy Holiday Season! We're in full swing, yay!

    ReplyDelete