Friday, October 18, 2013

black + red

If you haven't heard, I dyed my hair black...again! It took me about a year to get back to my normal color, so I was unsure at first if I wanted to dye it back. Ultimately I decided that black is my hair personality, and I always feel renewed after I go back to it.
Unfortunately, during the winter it sometimes leaves me looking a little pale. That is why I usually invest in some delicious red lip stains to bring in a little color.
I've become a lip stain junkie during all seasons and hair colors; it gives me a dramatic look, is convenient and easy to wear, and I can still kiss my honey. The best part is B's hesitant "am I about to have red lips" look before and after he kisses me. Let's be serious though, all these lip stains that promise 10-hour, 12-hour, 24-hour stay, are all lies, but until the day they actually come out with one, these work nicely.

Yvus is probably the longest lasting, and naturally the most expensive, and Revlon just Bitten Lipstain + Balm is probably the best deal for how long it lasts.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute picture! i love the red lip! I'm usually a gloss kind of gal, but I've started to get more into lipsticks and am looking for a new red :)

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair color. So Sassy! And I am a huge red lip fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I'll have to check these out! I am on a new red lip kick and have been researching some good options. I just picked up Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple to help me transition into something a little more bold :)

    ReplyDelete