Thursday, October 17, 2013

Annual Pumpkin Day

For an area that really does't really have the kind of fall I am used to, Southern California...knows how to do fall right. I know I had my weekend in Julian, but we couldn't miss out on our annual Pumpkin Day tradition. I woke up extra early before work and made pumpkin pancakes topped with cinnamon butter (yum!) for B and I and then I headed off to work for a few hours. The boys had Monday off, so Kim and I snuck in a half day, then we all headed to Bates Nut Farm.

One big happy family! And can I just say that the boys fought over who would be the little girl...really...
My cute little pumpkin I picked out. Everyone rags on me because I always take so long to decide on a pumpkin. It's a feeling thing, you have to touch it to know it's your pumpkin, kind of like kissing a lot of frogs until you find your prince. Am I right?

Us being cute...

...and us being normal.
 Afterwards we went home lit all the pumpkiny candles in the house (because you know I have like 100), watched scary movies, and drank pumpkin beer that we picked up on the way home. It's really been more like a Pumpkin month, but we don't mind.

PS. Inside the country store I found these gems! I scarfed them down in one setting. 

15 comments:

  1. Soooo glad that southern California is slowly stealing your heart! It's totally not as bad as you thought it would be, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both still get really homesick...but if we're going to live somewhere else...this is where I want to be! Why are my two favorite states smack across the country from each other!? :)

      Delete
  2. I still need to pick out a pumpkin for my house. I carved a pumpkin at my friend's house, but I messed it up once it was finished :-(

    I have my pumpkin candle.. I just need to light it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend...you better put your feet up, relax and light that candle by this weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a blast! Who would've thought SoCal knew how to "do" fall? ;) We went to the pumpkin patch last night; but it was overcast and cold... no need for sunnies and shorts up here in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously want to come up north so bad! Some of my girlfriends and I were talking about saving up for a Seattle trip soon.

      Delete
  4. We're hitting up the pumpkin patch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH!! Shelby at the pumpkin patch...it's going to be so cute!!!

      Delete
  5. We're going to a pumpkin patch this weekend & I can't wait! Looks like y'all had a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy!! I hope you have some creative carving ideas in your head!

      Delete
  6. That pumpkin patch is legit!! Those pumpkins are huge! We went to get pumpkins over the weekend...one of my favorite fall activities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...the BIGGEST I have ever seen! Fall hasn't truly arrived unless you've visited a pumpkin patch! :)

      Delete
  7. 2 bloggers posted about this same place in one week...I guess I know where we're going to get our pumpkins this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is where we go each year. Except we call it Nates Butt Farm. Naturally.

    ReplyDelete