Thursday, September 26, 2013

Friends who decorate together, stay together.

A few months ago, my college roommate, Britney, purchased a side table and TV stand from Better Homes and Gardens for Walmart. After seeing how nicely they turned out in her home, I purchased them for our place.

We live in a 3 bedroom condo, steps away from the Pacific Ocean (okay more like steps away from the interstate and .5 miles from the beach, but the first way sounds better). Here is my beach cottage take on the TV Stand.

My girlfriend Britney and her husband live in an ADORABLE farmhouse in North Carolina. Take a look at Britney's shabby chic cottage take on the TV Stand. 

We both love decorating, but have agreed that after getting married, merging styles with a man is slightly challenging. Especially because they all of a sudden have an opinion about it.
Have you seen the Better Homes and Gardens Collection yet? So many affordable pieces!

11 comments:

  1. Ohh I love the ceiling medallions! That's such a creative idea to fill a large space! Having to ask someone their opinion on decorating is a weird twist of being married -- Rob's number one rule is nothing pink! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, small detail in something yes, but anything major NO WAY....but then again, I am not a big fan of pink either, so that works!

      Delete
  2. That is a cute stand, and would never think to look at Walmart. I also love the medallions and was wondering where you got them? I have a rather large wall that I am trying to decorate and these look like they might fill that space nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at home depot, the largest one I got were 22 diameter - I wanted to go big because our wall is ENORMOUS and I didn't know what to do with it! I love them...and they would look awesome painted too!

      Delete
  3. One day you'll be able to say "you get the outside (ie. lawn, trees, mulch, flowerbeds) and I get the inside... Don't cross the line! Or maybe that's just what I did ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have been in your house and your style is one that Bryan has to love. Ben did when we dropped Cali off with me!!

      Delete
  4. I'm with the other Kate! I decorate the house. And actually, I designed our landscaping too! He gets to organize the garage and basement storage area, and he's in charge of mowing/trimming/edging the lawn. Most of his furniture got sold when we got married, but I've worked hard to intermingle some of his things (artwork, lamps, etc) that survived my picky taste! My mom also bought us a TON of new furniture with money inherited from my grandmother, and I had all the say in that since it was a gift from my family. That said, I know my husband's tastes, so I try to pick things I know he'll like and I try to mix masculine (darker woods, etc) with feminine (softer fabrics, delicate picture frames). And while we do DISCUSS things like wall color, ultimately, the decision lies with me. Lucky for him I love neutrals and tone-on-tone so he doesn't have to worry about coming home to a hot pink family room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben's dad loves landscaping! I hope that is a undiscovered love of Ben's! But even though we don't have a yard...mowing and trimming already a chore of his. I am a fan if neutrals as well and I usually prefer more masculine pieces with fem touches too!

      Delete
  5. I love it! You have the best taste. Where are the baskets on the bottom from?

    ReplyDelete