Thursday, September 19, 2013

America's Got Talent?

I watch a lot of TV, many of those show are trash-tastic. Seriously, I am a reality show junkie. How many followers did I just lose? America's Got Talent though is NOT one of those shows that I spend my lazy time on, usually. The past few weeks however, I have been a little hooked because Taylor Williamson made it to the finales. We saw him a few months ago in La Jolla and he is absolutely hilarious and from San Diego, so I was rooting for him to win, even though I equally wanted the USMC veteran to win too. For the 12 hours that I was waiting for them to announce the winner, Gavin DeGraw teamed up with one of the finalist for a duet. I love Gavin, he's so underrated in my opinion. Gavin DeGraw was my first concert without any adults. I don't know if my parents knew this or not (SURPRISE mom and dad!) but they do now.


Those are just his recent favorites of mine..shall we dive into my years growing with Gavin?
Chariot - His first song I fell in love with.
More than Anyone - "My song" with first ever boyfriend.
Follow Through - Moving on from that break up song ;)
I Don't Wanna Be - One Tree Hill, oh Wilmington/college memories!
We Both Know - Because they are both just awesome. And so was this book...and movie. One day we'll be east coast living again, until then...
Spell it Out - On repeat when we moved across country.
Not Over You - It's catchy and it's all over the radio people.

6 comments:

  1. I don't normally watch America's Got Talent past the auditions but this year I did and I was sooooo disappointed. My husband and I both just looked at each other when the winner was chosen. Neither of us understand what he does and we both loved Taylor. A definite let down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is obsessed with AGT because she loves Nick Cannon! I haven't kept up with it much since the season with Fighting Gravity (they went to college with me!) I'm going to have to check out this Taylor guy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That sounds like my mom with Bruno Mars!

      Delete
  3. I love Gavin DeGraw as well! I especially love the acoustic versions of his songs. I also wanted to give you a heads up that I mentioned your blog today as one that I have been loving lately. I came across your blog a few months ago, and love your personal style and hearing about your adventures on the west coast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the mention!! I can't wait to check it out and so glad you are a fellow Gavin lover, such good music!

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOSH! Gavin Degraw is my absolute favorite! His name is also my hubby ;) I agree with him being underrated! I don't know how more people don't realize how awesome he is, and he puts on a very energetic performance. I've seen him 3 times now & I'll continue every time he comes to charlotte! Although my favorite show was when he played at Appalachian State b/c their auditorium is so small & we got to move up to the front rows, he looked right at me and sang a line :)

    P.S. I love reading your blog, it's been interesting to read about your experiences in California! I adore the south and the culture, and could never see myself living anywhere else. But it's been cool to see all the fun experiences you've had and embracing it.

    ReplyDelete