Friday, August 16, 2013

I love to eat

It was nice when Bbwalked through the door last night and wanted to go out for dinner, especially since I was planning on having a fend for yourself dinner night. It was such a fun date too. There wasn't anything particularly unique about it, just filled with a lot of good conversation. B has been getting up extra early the last few weeks earning his next belt in Marine Corps Martial Arts and I am still adjusting to my new job, so we've both been busy the past couple of weeks.

When we were at dinner, we got to chatting about restaurants. We told ourselves that we would do our best not to eat at chain restaurants while we live out here. The thing is, there are very few chains in our area. We have a little section of Oceanside that has an Olive Garden, an Outback, and a few others, but that's really it in our area. I totally get it, sometimes you just want a good Bloomin' Onion or OG's soup/salad/bread sticks, but it's easy to forget those places when you have so many other yummy options. I could seriously take you on a food vacation around San Diego/ Orange County with all incredible restaurants. When we have family and friends out to visit, it's one of the first things we all discuss, "Where all should we take them to eat?!"
[Shirt: Target; Earrings, Necklace: Forever 21 ; Skirt: Marshall's]

15 comments:

  1. Completely agree!! Save the chain restaurants for when we aren't so lucky and stationed somewhere that even chain restaurant options are limited ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Very true statement because that could happen one day!

      Delete
  2. We did the same thing in Monterey! And when we came home this year, we couldn't WAIT to get our hands on Papa John's, Olive Garden, and Outback! Seriously, our only "convenient" chain was Chili's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are the same way...mom and pop restaurants are the best!! Up here in Alaska there are very few chain restaurants, I think they just got an olive garden up here a year ago. haha!! When we were stationed in Georgia it was hard to find those little hole in the wall places, at least were we lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the wonderful Mom and Pop restaurants Alaska must have, and all the fresh seafood, yum!

      Delete
  4. First- you look adorable! :) Second I totally understand what you are saying. When I was out in Orange County in the spring I was amazed at how many YUMMY and unique places that there were! SO many wonderful choices! It's funny how in different parts of the US there is either lots of chain restaurants or there are lots of unique restaurants!
    :) Have a lovely weekend!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The restaurants in OC have so many incredible views too; it's like dinner and a show with a sunset view!

      Delete
  5. Cute!! Have you had Beach Break yet? DELICIOUS :) Since you both work during the day..Saturday or Sunday (go EARLY) would work best since they are open only from 7-2. Best Breakfast in town though! The husband and I do the same thing.. we love to try new places around here. Beach Break is one of our faves & El Torito when we want some Mexican :) There are so many to choose from around here. Oh, and Big Bobs pizza is delish too, Claim Jumper is good as well. I could go on and on ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We LOVE beach break, it's just down the road from us so we always walk there for breakfast...amazing portions and their coffee cake, to die for.

      We drove by the Claim Jumper for the first time the other day! We had a whole debate about the restaurant name, we'll have to check it out along with the other you recommended.

      Delete
  6. LOVE your outfit! And I know what ya mean I wish we had less chain restaurants by my house, but when we go into the cities or visit Chicago you better believe Applebees in no where on our list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to explore all the new food options in SD! We're just hours away now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to explore all the new food options in SD! We're just hours away now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obsessed with that outfit! So chic and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that skirt! That style is really growing on me!

    ReplyDelete