Monday, July 29, 2013

time apart

This weekend was a Girls Weekend! We had planned this trip a few months back and last minute learned that the US Open of Surfing would be in our area. Obviously, learning this information greatly altered our plans. My husband is a surfer and this is right up his alley, I almost felt bad that I wasn't bringing him on the trip, but like I said, it was a Girls Weekend! We ended up throwing the rest of our plans out the window and spent the entire time in Huntington Beach for Vans US Open of Surfing, it was such an alluring vibe, couldn't stay away.
It was a wild time to say the least!
Please, please put the US Open of Surfing on your bucket list!

Meanwhile, B and a few of his friends planned a Boys Weekend, camping and hiking at Sequoia National Park
Needless to say, we both had a very successful weekend! I can't wait to bring B to the Surfing US Open next year and he is practically already planning a weekend for us to Sequoia National Park.

California, you are so good to us!

11 comments:

  1. Glad yall are having a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad y'all both had a good time with your guys and gals!! Super important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think it's healthy to have separate things sometimes.

      Delete
  3. This trip looks so fun! Sometimes girls weekends are just the best! And adding in the surfing US Open definitely does not hurt! Such a SoCall weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely the perfect SoCal weekend, if you ever get stationed here, you HAVE to go!

      Delete
  4. Where'd you go out - Freds, Sharkeez, Brew Co??? So glad you had such an awesome weekend! I know you miss the south, but you look so happy in California... almost like a local ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking like a local is my goal before I leave! Brew Co was our first stop Friday night, we really enjoyed that place, it was a little older crowd, because most of the day we were feeling like it was the invasion of the 14 yr olds! We did Sharkeez in Newport the next night which reminded me of the beach bars in Wilmington. I would have never graduated if I went to school in this area, no chance.

      Delete
  5. I'm such a nerd I think I would have rather been with the boys! LOL!! I saw were there were riots at the end of the competition Sunday night! WTH??!
    I'm not much for big crowds anymore either.
    As for Sequoia National Park, it's gorgeous. My Mom and I went years ago and stayed at a quaint inn right where the 2 rivers meet. You must visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to lie, there are a lot of times that I kept thinking I am getting too old for this - riots, fights, dance off's, preteens with vulgar things written all over their bodies...but overall the weekend was a blast!

      Ben and I didn't make the connection that Sequoia National Park was one of our "to do together first" list until he sent me pictures on his way home from Sunday. Forehead slap. I am so glad he did something cool and fun though for the weekend! I would love to stay at that inn for when we go back...do you remember the name?

      Delete
  6. Looks like such a great time! I want to move out there BAD! Ps- Love the new name/look of your blog ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely paradise! Thanks lady!

      Delete