Thursday, May 09, 2013

detox bath

I've been trying to take a detox bath once a week. Once a month more of a reality, but who's counting.
I always feel so incredible afterwards a detox bath, like my body feels like it hit the reset button.
Per bath I add 1-2 cups of the detox mixture to my bath.
Draw the bath water as warm as you are comfortable with. I recommend starting the bath, adding the detox mixture, then immediately getting into the bath before it fills up completely. For me, this step makes it much easier to ease into the heat. Soak for 30 minutes.
Get out of the bath slowly because you may be a little lightheaded and sweaty. This last detox bath had me so hot afterward I walked out onto our patio neked to cool off. It's a private patio, no public nudity.

Note: Please, please, please drink lots of water before and after your detox bath. The first time I didn't drink enough water and left the bath with a horrible headache.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I am pinning IMMEDIATELY. I love baths, I love detox's, I love THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing this right this second by the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will totally have to try this. Sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete