Wednesday, May 29, 2013

a promotion

I am such a proud wifey. Everyday, except for when he leaves his gum lying around the house, but especially yesterday because my husband was promoted!
Per my usual self, I was a nervous nellie. What if I put the pin up too high? What if I dropped it, is that bad luck? What if I couldn't get it through the uniform material? What if my flowy dress (cute as was, it was bad idea for a windy beach day) blew up exposing my behind to half of the people he works with? This was our first promotion and I had also never seen one before, so naturally I didn't want to make a hot mess of it. Of course, nothing disastrous happened and the ceremony turned out lovely, especially having the beach as a backdrop.
It was such an honor to have so many people come out to support my husband. I am not a very involved military spouse in terms of my husband's job, but if there is one thing I have learned, your success is greatly based on being surround by those who support the person that you are today and help to make you a better you tomorrow, and it's clear that he has that support in his unit. 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband! PS Your dress is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby! What beautiful surroundings for a ceremony. Love the dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay congrats!! That is so exciting! And I love the beach ceremony! I feel like you two are becoming so SoCal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay indeed! yeh, i think i would have been terrified about the dress too!! Good thing is stayed down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww yay! Congrats. And LOVE the dress!!! I'm sure the guys wouldn't have minded the free show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your hubby!! AND I tried your detox bath last night....you were right about the sweating!! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your hubby! I'm loving the dress you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats to Ben! That is such an honor and a blessing to you both- I am so excited for you and him and the life that you share with us over here on the East Coast! I know I speak for all your friends over here... we miss you but love hearing all bout your Cali Adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your hubby on his promotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for promotions! Congrats to your hubby. And I LOVE that dress!!! Perfect for a beachy promotion ceremony (how cool is that?!), wind or not :)

    ReplyDelete