Monday, April 15, 2013

flower fields

B and I decided we needed "us" time, and kicked off the weekend with a couples enrichment course through the Marine Corps on Friday night. Saturday we drove down the street to the The Flower Fields in Carlsbad. Sometimes I am so in awe with the beauty of this state, and to have this just down the road is such a gift. 
...and I mean is my husband hot or what?
People poured in by the hundreds with their cameras to capture ranunculus as far as the eye can see. 
It also happened to be Bluegrass day at the fields. Between the banjo and the tracker pulling wagons filled with people for tours, it was the biggest taste of country we've gotten since we moved here.
And as we sat and listened to the band, we treated ourselves to a strawberry shortcake made with local strawberries from the patch across the street.
Dating my husband is the whipped cream on top of this dessert!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Living in Oceanside, I never went to see those and I truly regret it. There are so many different opportunities I wish we would have embraced but I suppose that's a lesson we're trying to learn now that we live in Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts make me miss socal so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is to die for!!!! Seriously! Perfect place for family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the flower fields several years ago when I was visiting family in San Diego. I was just thinking about it the other day. So pretty & glad you posted the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo... location for family pictures... now that's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete