Monday, April 01, 2013

city of stars

B had Good Friday off so for the extended weekend we decided to do something a little adventurous. 
We hiked the HOLLYWOOD SIGN! 
Back when I was in high school, we took a short family trip out to California where I first saw the sign. From that point, hiking up to the sign has been on my bucket list. When I first suggested it to B, he was a little unenthusiastic, but I was hell bent. I mean com'on, it's one of the most well-known landmarks in the United States.

First we walked behind the sign...
...then searched around...
...and climbed up the sides of a few mountains...
...until we found the front of the sign!

We even watched a few hikers pass the 'no trespassing fence,' and sit their happy butt smack dab in front of the L. Shortly after the LAPD notified them over a loud speaker that they would be waiting at the bottom when they got back down - obviously.

By the way...Did you know the sign was haunted

After our hike we were super hungry and stumbled upon probably the coolest restaurant for not having a clue where we were. Alcove Cafe & Bakery and Big Bar.
Not that I know anything about food in LA, but I would highly recommend this place It's adorable and was packed, so I am thinking it's somewhat popular. Then again everything, including the streets were packed so it may just be the area.

We had a blast on our day trip to LA! Loved the people, loved the vibe. I don't see it being somewhere we spend a lot of time while we're here, but we will defiantly be visiting again. If you are ever visiting or living around the area, I would highly recommend hiking the Hollywood sign. We totally both agreed it was one of most monumental adventures we've had thus far...next to moving across the country, of course.

7 comments:

  1. We recently hiked the Hollywood sign too! It was a fun little adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE TO DO THAT! I have been up there in the neighborhood enough to take pictures but never hiked it.
    So, no celeb sightings?? check out this one a few years ago that we had when out there at one of the trendy restaurants.
    http://deewallaceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/10/celeb-sighting-in-hollywood-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun adventure! I have actually thought about doing little hiking/walking there but I'm pretty sure hubby would say "no" or give me a "are you out of your mind" look"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely on my Cali bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Looks like you had a blast and that drink looks super refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you go anywhere near Manhattan Beach, you need to go to Sloopy's. AMAZING!!! Also, El Tarasco is yummy too!

    ReplyDelete