Monday, March 04, 2013

a beach life for me

The weekend started off meeting up with my girls for lunch and cocktails. Our favorite restaurant at the Oceanside Harbor has a specialty margarita that is made with 1800 Coconut Tequila. It's delicious and tastes even more like summer than Malibu Rum. I have a feeling we'll be using it in a spiked punch for a friends' birthday that is coming up in a few days.
The next day, our gang met up at the beach for a day of vegging out (and surfing) in the sun.
My girlfriend found these UH-MAZING beach towels at Costco. The hues are cheerfully colorful for summertime and the perfect amount of oversized. All of us ladies immediately went the day after she purchased them to snatch a few up for ourselves, me especially since I left all mine in Charlotte. The sun wore us out but not before dinner and Jacuzzi time with everyone.
...Lovey is off to the field for the next couple of weeks and I can't imagine a better way to send him off than spending the weekend with our friends and at the place he loves most (the beach). Finally living back by the beach since college graduation reminded me of how much we belong by it.

"The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." 
-Jacques Cousteau

I have a feeling this is how we will most of our sunny weekends and our forever...and we are perfectly happy with that.

11 comments:

  1. YOu're living the life girlfriend!! What else have you done out there in Cali??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect!! Sure beats the flurries and 20 degree temps we had in Charlotte this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect weekend!! Jealous of your gorgeous weather...and those yummy margaritas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are warming me up in chilly NC! So glad you guys are enjoying your new home. And I need some of that tequila!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekend looks perfect. Those margaritas sound divine, I must try that tequila soon.. Love the sunglasses in the sand photo and a bud light lime....ohhh friend how I wish I could sit in the sun and drink one with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omygosh. Seriously jealous!! That looks like the perfect weekend. We got snow here in Minnesota :(

    Lately the BF has been wanting to move to cali, you may have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently in the midst of a sandstorm, so this really does look like Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In NY it is below freezing and snowing. Needless to say, I am beyond jealous of your present location. It looks like perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those nachos look great and the margaritas look yummy. vegging in the surf and surfing sounds like a wonderful time to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to join you out there!

    ReplyDelete