Wednesday, February 06, 2013

oceanview hiking

The other week I had lunch with a friend who works remotely out here in San Diego for the company I worked with while I was in Charlotte. She took me all around and showed me some of the local areas, one place included the Torrey Pines State Reserve. On Saturday I took B to Torrey Pines for a scenic hike. 
We competely fell in love with the park. It's so refreshing to have a state reserve literally on the water, free from housing, hotels, condos, ect., to enjoy whenever we want.
After hiking on the cliffs, we found our way down to a beach access just where that small piece of land sits in the water. If you walk along the edge of the cliff, you find a secluded beach area on the other side.
After a few hours of exploring, we decided to run on the beach back to our cars for a nice little workout. When it comes to B and I, I've learned whatever our plans are over the weekend, always bring a change of clothes. And usually I am thankful when we do. 
After hiking we met up with some friends at The Fish Market.
The couple we met up with were friends from college who are stationed out here with the Navy. The four of us sat at dinner partially in awe that just a little over two years ago we were all in Wilmington together, on the other side of the country. To me, that is probably one of the coolest advantages to the military, friends all over the world.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! And awesome that you got to reconnect with old friends! I agree, that is the best part - feeling like no matter where you go, you'll have a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I was just at Torrey Pines on Friday! Love that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty park! I really really hope we get transferred to San Diego next!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in La Jolla and every day when I leave the office, I cannot get over that I live and work out here!! Absolutely beautiful!!! (Next time yall go to Torrey Pines or La Jolla, go to sprinkles!! Best red velvet cupcakes!!) Glad yall are taking advantage of Southern Cali!!

    ReplyDelete