Monday, February 18, 2013

Copycat

Not sure when it happened, but I have become quite obsessed with the ankle boot. I believe it happened around the time I purchased my beloved pair of Nine West boots from their Vintage America collection. I pretty much wear them on a daily basis. But, it could be because I'm lazy and taking off an ankle boot is much easier than having to flop up onto my bed, kick my leg up into the air, and pout at B until he walks over to pull off my shoe, sometimes practically taking my leg with it...
[Sunglasses: Ray Ban; Blazer: Forever 21; Dress: Forever 21; Scarf: Farmer's Market; Bracelets: gold bangles - Charlotte Russe, spike bracelet - Vida Kush via Hautelook, green wooden bangle - Steve Madden; Booties: Charlotte Russe]

...and the original look...
via
When I first laid eyes on this look on Pinterest, it seemed like the ideal look to spruce up my casual booties past their go to alternative of jeans and a t-shirt. I originally had a more structured blazer, but for the weekend, I wanted a something more cozy so I opted for a flowy cotton blazer instead.

3 comments:

  1. I love your take on the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, you rick the ankle bootie!! my soccer calves look so silly in them!

    Head over to CottonsPickins.blogspot.com tomorrow to enter our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so stylish. I wish I was!

    ReplyDelete