Sunday, January 06, 2013

Where in the world...

HELLO FROM THE STATE OF ARIZONA!
Tomorrow by late afternoon we will officially be in California! We will be staying with some friends on base for a few days until we get settled into our new digs. The terrain up until west Texas looked fairly similar to the east coast. We did however stop in Louisiana to see the Bonnie and Clyde Ambush Museum and even met the son of one of the officers who lead the Ambush on the couple on May 23, 1934. Like many people, B and I have always been fascinated with the couple, and after meeting "Boots" (the son), you realize there are so many levels to their story. And the more you unfold it, the more intrigued you become.
About the time the speed limit turned 80mph the scenery started looking like photos I've only seen in my social studies books. While we were still in Texas and just about to cross over into New Mexico, we caught a glimpse of Mexico and its divisional wall from the United States. Here are a few shots from today...
Having the wonderful husband that I do, B stopped on the side of the road so I could pick up a tumbleweed to take with me to California. These suckers are WAY bigger than they look from the road, but I have a fun idea for him when it comes to decorating so I am happy we were able to fit him into the truck (even if it meant all our suitcases got the boot into the truck bed).
I only wish photos could do this trip justice. Let me tell you, there is nothing like a trip across the country and seeing such vast nature to inspire your creativity; whether it be interiors, fashion, or blogging.

8 comments:

  1. We live in the desert (in California) and the sage brush is HUGE. There is some that is bigger than cars. :)

    I'm glad that you're enjoying your trip across the country. It's definitely a big way to start this adventure you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all- whooo looks that adorable while traveling? and second of all- i am so jealous you're road tripping across the country! I hope to do that one day. I can't wait to see what you have planned for that tumble weed.. i am clearly not very creative because I wouldnt have a clue in the world what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- I feel like you all traveled super fast! I guess by the time you get this you might already be here! WELCOME! I loved our cross country voyage and am anxiously awaiting our next :D I can't wait to see what you do with you amazing tumbleweed find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat!! Awesome that you get to see the country :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're having so much fun! Sounds like your cross-country road trip is more fun than mine was - I was traumatized. lol I am excited to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how amazing! Looks like you all are having quite an adventure. A cross-country trip is definitely on my bucket list and your pictures make me even more excited to finally do it one day. Good luck on the rest of your trip!

    -kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, it looks like you were practically driving right past me...please don't say you were, I'll be really upset we didn't get to meet up :)

    ReplyDelete